Luis Delgado has a Ph.D. in Physics (Universidad Complutense de Madrid) and a Diploma in Planning and Administration of Business (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid). He is Executive Advisor at the General Secretariat of Universities in the Spanish Ministry of Education. He has a long experience working in Higher Education, Research and Innovation as well as in Planning and Management and on policy making at national and international level, for more than 30 years as:
- Materials’ Researcher (CIEMAT, Spain),
- Managing Director of Technological Centre (Madrid Institute of Technology)
- Director of Planning and Management of Public Research Organization (IGME, 1993- 2002))
- Deputy Director General of International Organisms and Programmes (2002 – 2007)
- Coordinator of the Unit Universities and Researchers. DG Research and Technological Development. European Commission (2007 – 2009) in charge of the Modernisation Agenda for European Universities.
- Deputy Director General of Modernization and Internationalization of Universities (Ministry of Education, 2009 – 2011).
He has represented Spain in in different international research and HE committees, programmes and organisms: BFUG, OECD – IMHE, Council of Europe; European Commission, the European University Institute, etc.
He is author or co-author of more than 150 papers on scientific journals, conferences, seminars and workshops on higher education, research, innovation, technology transfer, employability, management, international cooperation, etc.